Welcome to my blog of Christian spirituality and biblical studies. You’ve probably clicked on this page to get a feel for who I am and why you can trust the things I write.
My mission is to encourage people to love in spite of their pain, to sense the closeness of God despite their doubts, and to glimpse their full potential in Christ. I do this by offering myself as a faithful conduit of love flowing from the heart of God and of wisdom flowing from his scriptures and from experience.
Things you might want to know:
- I was was born in 1975 in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, and raised nearby.
- Married since 2002 to a former art teacher who is now a full-time homeschool instructor.
- Father to
- Hundreds of people have purchased my spiritual empowerment book, Heaven’s Muscle, and you should, too, by clicking here.
- I am trained in biblical theology, historical theology, and biblical interpretation. In addition to my bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, I earned a master’s degree in biblical languages (Freed-Hardeman University 1999). My master’s thesis was an analysis of the New Living Translation New Testament. I then earned a Master of Divinity degree from Lipscomb University’s Hazelip School of Theology in 2006.
- After serving the Lord as a campus minister in northern Florida, I changed fields and earned my law degree from Vanderbilt University in 2012. Since then, I have done government public service work, mostly in criminal law.
- I am licensed as an attorney in Tennessee, but currently live and work in rural eastern Kentucky.
- I publish scholarly papers on criminal law and procedure.
- Over 12,000 people — including dozens of verified accounts — follow me on Twitter. You should join them right now.
- Associated with the Churches of Christ and Vineyard Churches.
- I love comments and invite you to leave your own mark on my blog.
- I also write for Theology Mix.
P.S. — Did you check out my latest book yet? It’s a joy to read, and I couldn’t have gotten better reviews if I paid for them.
P.P.S. — Over 200 people receive my (very) occasional newsletter. You can join them and sign up below:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.